If you’ve done 3D printing, then you most likely have tried to connect some parts. Perhaps it’s an enclosure for an electronics project and mounting a circuit board to protect it. Maybe it’s a robotics or RC car project. Alternatively, you might be a professional architect or engineer modeling a prototype product. Using screws to tap straight into plastic might work once if the connection does not need to be too strong and doesn’t have to come apart. If you ever need to disassemble and reassemble multiple times, then you need to raise your game to include brass heat-set inserts. Brass inserts have small threads inside that hold #4-40 machine screws tightly. They have ridges and bumps on the outside to allow the melted plastic to wrap around, holding the insert tight into the plastic piece. Using a soldering iron with a special installation tip (search Amazon for B078K72615 ) makes it easy to install the inserts and extract the heated tip consistently without pulling the insert out of the plastic and ruining the part. Once the insert is installed you will have a much more robust and reusable way to connect 3D printed parts.
- Brass inserts help you to connect your 3D printed parts and enclosures.
- Press into 3D printed parts with heated tip (Virtjoule installation tips ASN: B078K72615 ). Tip with insert on it melts plastic and forms tight bond. You can then use a #4-40 machine screw giving a strong connection.
- Your 3D printed parts can be more easily assembled and disassembled multiple times. Placing a screw into regular plastic does not hold as well and will likely strip the plastic if done more than once, making it hard to reassemble with any connection strength.
- With a 0.135″ length, these inserts are short and are most useful for parts that have limited space to mount or connect 3D printed objects. The #4-40 size allows for a small, but useful size machine screw that can be found at most hardware stores.
- Useful for mounting circuit boards into 3D printed enclosures.
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…
3D Printer Extruder kit
Used for 1.75mm filament, Reprap, Makerbot
Net weight: 35g
1 x Main extruder body
1 x Idler bearing for 1.75mm filament
1 x Brass drive gear
1 x High tension spring
- Improve Print Quality- This kit can help you improve your print quality by getting rid of filament slippage
- 3D Printer Extruder kit
- Injection Model
- Short Distance
- 1.75mm Filament- Compatible with 1.75mm filament
Click Here If You Need More Detailed Info…
This Scanner is easy to scan:
1, object space volume is bigger than 5*5cm
2, object space volume is smaller than 20.3cm*20.3cm
3. object weight is less than 3kgs
4. still object
5. opaque object
FAQ: which things are hard to scan or can not scan ?
1.object space volume is smaller than 5*5cm
2.transparent oject (glass or organic plastics)
3.luminous object or highly reflective objects
4.dark object and fuzzy object(such as plush toys )
5.object space volume is bigger than 20.3*20.3cm
6.object weight is more than 3kgs
- Totally open source 3D scanner for 3D printing , free to get the software
- Easy to assemble and use
- Full kits, it include all the parts for the scanner
- Injection molding red plastics parts, not printed! that make the scanner more beatiful, you won’t encouter the problem caused by not precision size
- Upgrade to new intergrated motherboard
Visit The Website For More Information…
This is Micromake upgraded full assembly new auto-level effector, which has outstanding quality and the best performance for DIY and professional systems.
We add dedicated cooling fan to fit our well-designed double duct so that the consumble can cool quickly after it is extruded. Meanwhile, it can avoid to drop down so the effect of hollow out, high-deviated print and long-distance bridge is better.
And it will need no long time to wait the previous part to cool down at the condition of high speed. With the same effect, you can use faster speed to print. We upgrade auto-level system, add spring to assist the springback, with the high precision injection molding, the accuracy of the probe improved significantly.
The extrusion nozzle: 0.4mm
The material of Print: 1.75 PLA/ABS
The flow rate of Nozzle: about 24cc / h
Sports shaft speed:40mm/s
The voltage of heating nozzle: 12V
The operating voltage of cooling fan: 12V
Heating rods: 6mm, 12V, 30Wv Net weight: 270g
Normal working temperature: 190°-230°
NOTE: Make sure the maximum temperature is less than 280°
42mm high quality stepper motor with larger torque and less heat buildup
Special ceramic insulation cotton ensures the stability of heating; electricity-saving
Direct transmission, without the heavy gears, compact size and weight
Plastic Injection Effector Set
Two fan(one cooling fan, one radiator fan)
E3D Extruder J-Head Nozzle
- Make sure the maximum temperature is less than 280°
- The extrusion nozzle: 0.4 mm
- Full assembly new auto-level effector outstanding quality and the best performance for DIY and professional systems.
- And it will need no long time to wait the previous part to cool down at the condition of high speed. With the same effect, you can use faster speed to print. We upgrade auto-level system, add spring to assist the springback, with the high precision injection molding, the accuracy of the probe improved significantly.
- We add dedicated cooling fan to fit our well-designed double duct so that the consumble can cool quickly after it is extruded. Meanwhile, it can avoid to drop down so the effect of hollow out, high-deviated print and long-distance bridge is better.
Visit The Website For More Information…